Great tasting water doesn't smell, contaminants do.
Before water enters your home, it can pick up contaminants from the water source or by the many miles of city pipes buried underground. While contaminants may not be in your water, many municipalities add chlorine to offset any problems caused by potential contaminants. There may be multiple root sources of water contamination, requiring more than one solution. Your Culligan Man has the equipment to give you the water quality you want.
Common Water Odor Problems. A Culligan filter can remove them all:
- Rotten egg odor or sulfur water smell could be caused by sulfur in the soil near your well.
- Musty, earthy or wood smell could be caused by dissolved solids.
- Chlorine smell is objectionable to some.
- Detergent odor
- Chemical smell
There are several ways you can get rid of bad smelling water. A Culligan whole house system provides filtered water at every tap in your home or office. It filters water where it enters the home, affecting everything inside your home: drinking water, your skin and hair, pipes, appliances and everything else you wash and wear.
Does your water have an unpleasant taste?
A sour, salty, bitter or metallic taste can be a sign of high levels of total dissolved solids (TDS) in your water, normally chlorides, sulfates and bicarbonates.
Signs of a TDS water problems:
- Bad taste to your drinking water
- Cloudy ice cubes
- Water scale and spotting on wet surfaces
- Accumulation of "mineral fur" around faucet outlets
- A "laxative effect" due to high sulfates
You can eliminate high TDS with a Culligan Drinking Water System that employs reverse osmosis to reduce high concentrations of dissolved solids from your drinking water.
Contact your local Culligan Man today to find out more information about what Culligan Water System is right for you.